Best Collagen Supplements – You have probably heard of the word collagen severally and you are wondering what it is all about. Collagen is a protein found especially in the joints (places where two bones are connected) of humans and animals. Type 1 collagen is especially pervasive in bones, skin, muscles, digestive system, tendons, and blood vessels. Collagen is responsible for sustaining the elasticity and strength in our skin and replace dead skin cells.
One fact everyone should be aware of is that our body will produce less and less collagen as we get older. The signs can be seen when wrinkles, joint pains, and sagging skin start to appear. Furthermore, bad lifestyle can also affect slow collagen production such as excessive sugar consumption, smoking, and bad sun exposure.
Top 5 Best Collagen Supplements
Bottom line, collagen is really needed in our body to promote good health, improve our digestion and it’s also a source of protein. Thankfully, you can benefit from collagen supplements. However, there are many options to choose from so make sure you pick one that works best for your skin and stay away from the duds. Here, we have a comprehensive list of best collagen supplements along with their pros and cons to help you promote youthful and firmer skin.
#1. Sports Research Pure Collagen Peptides Powder
Every human being needs a proper amount of collagen in their body to ensure the vitality as well as the health of your tendon, skin, hair, cartilage, joints, and bones. This is the first product on our list of the best collagen supplements you can rely on. If your main concern is skin then you should look for collagen supplements that contain type 1 hydrolyzed collagen and this particular collagen supplement has exactly that.
Hydrolyzed collagen is, a matter of factly, unique for its amino acid structure for it is high in proline, glycine, and lysine. All of these amino acids are responsible in promoting cell growth quickly. They are all very much needed especially if you are well over 25 because your body’s natural ability to produce the appropriate amount of connective tissue weakens after that age.
Collagen supplements by Sports Research can help you rebuild and promote joints and bones, gut health and healthy aging for your skin, nails, and hair. This can help you during your recovery as well.
There are many ways you can consume this collagen supplement. You can go with drinks, food or something that is baked. If you want something simple, just consume this supplement in warm or room temperature water. Mix one scoop (11 gram) of this into your beverage once or twice daily. Another alternative is by adding it to your yogurt, oatmeal, soups, and sauces. If you also want to enjoy this with cold water, simply mix this supplement in room temperature water first before adding ice. That way you won’t have to worry it will clump.
- This hydrolyzed collagen peptides powder is packed with gut-friendly protein as well as amino acids from pasture raised, grass-fed cattle.
- To ensure the legitimacy of this brand, collagen supplement by Sports Research has been certified by the Paleo and Keto Foundation through the IGEN program.
- Who doesn’t love warranty? This system allows us to be completely assured when something goes wrong with it Sports Research provides you with 90-day satisfaction guarantee in which you are allowed to return your product in exchange for a refund if you don’t see results within 90 days. This just adds the reasons why this is one of the best collagen supplements.
- This is a hydrolyzed collagen which means it is easily digested thanks to its low molecular weight. This can easily be absorbed within 30 minutes.
- This product does not contain soy or dairy products although it is derived from beef.
#2. Neocell Super Powder Collagen
Next on our list of best collagen supplements comes from NeoCell. This particular collagen supplement can give you 6.600 mg collagen per serving. It provides you with a high potency dose of collagen protein peptides which is exactly what you need for optimum collagen replenishment in your body. Just like the aforementioned supplement, this too can easily be added to your favorite beverage or food, both warm or cold.
Super collagen is paleo-friendly. NeoCell is ethically sourced and guarantees their collagen supplements to be safe, 100% pure and effective. It is grass-fed bovine and of course non-GMO. NeoCell collagen supplement should also be on your wishlist as it has been clinically tested to increase skin hydration. This can help you get firmer and softer skin.
Expect beauty hair, nails and skin with this collagen supplement by NeoCell. It helps minimize wrinkles and fine lines. It improves elasticity and hydration in your skin as well. The Neocell Super Collagen will support the bone matrix and strengthen connective tissues for better flexibility and mobility. In addition, it promotes joint lubrication and muscle recovery as well.
This can be used as your dietary supplement. You can take one scoop every day and dissolve it into a glass of water or orange juice. Taking this on an empty stomach is highly recommended for maximum absorption. Furthermore, you will get an enhanced result when you take this with vitamin C and NeoCell’s Hyaluronic Acid products simultaneously.
- Super Collagen uses advanced hydrolyzation process where large collagen molecules are hydrolyzed enzymatically into small peptides which are both bioactive and bioavailable in your body.
- Consuming collagen supplement by NeoCell, you will be able to improve skin hydration and firmer skin by an average of 21% up to 50%.
- Super collagen by NeoCell is free of any kind of artificial flavors and totally gluten and soy free. It is free of yeast, corn, starch, lactose, and wheat.
- NeoCell Super Collagen is really great for improving circulation, replenishing depleted collagen supplies and stimulating your body’s collagen cycle to renew tissue. Furthermore, it contains Amino acids like Lysine which helps your body to absorb calcium better.
- Might not be good for vegans as this is made from food grade bovine collagen.
#3. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
This one is an Amazon’s Choice product that we are recommending. This might as well be the epitome of collagen supplement versatility for it comes in nice stick packs. It easily wins the best collagen supplement for flexibility category. You can easily mix it with your water, beverage and your favorite recipes.
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are easily absorbed by your body. This collagen supplement is bioavailable and can really give real improvements on how you look, move and feel if you use it consistently. It is easily digested as well as soluble both in cold or hot liquids. Consume it once or twice daily by adding one scoop of Vital collagen peptides to your drinks or foods. Here are some alternatives to consume this.
- You can add this to your smoothies for a protein source.
- Stir it into the water, fruit juice and any kind of beverages.
- You can mix it with soups, oatmeal or sauces.
- Add this to your favorite recipes for desserts and entrees.
Simply by steadily consuming this supplement, you already receive enough vitamin you need to promote healthy skin, hair, nails, joints, and bone. Your muscle recovery will be so much quicker and your digestive system will also improve significantly.
- It gives you about 20g collagen per serving. Moreover, it contains 3.719 mg natural glycine which is responsible for promoting healthy immune and digestive systems.
- This is a 100% pure collagen protein. There is no artificial flavor in it. It’s clean and can easily be dissolved and absorbed. It’s made from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine which can ensure a high quality, natural and sustainable source of this nutrient. Therefore, your body can quickly digest this and get the maximum benefits.
- It is Whole30 approved and paleo friendly. This collagen supplement is free of gluten, dairy, and any preservative. It’s non-GMO and free of hormone. This is the perfect collagen supplement that nicely contributes to a balanced diet. It can help maintain your weight.
- It’s not specified in the packaging but this collagen supplement contains type 1 and 3 which is great to promote skin health.
- Although the product title indicates that it’s a 10 oz container and the container says 20 oz, it’s actually 10 oz.
#4. Natural Force Collagen Powder Peptides
Our next reference for best collagen supplements comes from Natural Force. This will give you an appropriate amount of collagen needed in your balanced diet. This collagen supplement by Natural Force is completely pure and highly bioavailable. Your dietary collagen needs will be effectively addressed and ultimately promote joints, skin, muscles and hair health.
Natural Force collagen is sourced from grass-fed and finished free-roaming cattle. It’s completely gluten and dairy free as well as Keto friendly. Safe to say, this is one of the best collagen supplements you should consider. It’s proven to strengthen and thickens hair and improve your elastin production in the skin when taken internally. This will lead to your wrinkles and puffiness reduction.
- This collagen by Natural Force contains 0 grams of sugar or fat. It’s hydrolyzed and contains needed amino acids such as hydroxyproline which is responsible to improve gut health, joint pain, and injury recovery.
- This collagen supplement by Natural Force is the ultimate grass-fed and grass-finished clean protein. Each scoop is totally 100% collagen protein and you do not need to worry about any kind of artificial formula in this collagen because it’s free of any of them. This is the answer to your joint and gut health!
- Not only is this hydrolyzed but this collagen is totally flavorless and has no odor. Just like the previous products, you are free to mix this with any drinks and foods. If you want to dissolve it completely, simply mix this in room temperature or warm water before you add ice. Consume this collagen once daily.
- It has a 30-day money back guarantee system where you can get the refund if you don’t see any improvements within 30 days. Definitely worthy of the title “best collagen supplement”.
- This particular collagen is only primarily type I collagen and not specified whether it contains type II and III.
#5. Perfotek Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides
The last product on our best collagen supplements list comes from Perfotek. Like the aforementioned collagen supplement products, this is the key to healthy hair, skin, bones, nails, and joints you should consider. Perfotek offers the top-notch absorbability, quality, and potency for their collagen supplement product.
This is 100% natural hydrolyzed collagen peptides. Furthermore, this collagen powder will not gel or clump when mixed with cold liquids. You won’t taste beef broth either. To consume this, you can add one scoop (about) 11 gram to your tea, juice, coffee or any beverages. You can simply add it to a glass of water as well. This collagen is made for 41 servings with each serving containing 11 gram of unflavored hydrolyzed collagen peptides.
- This is a high-quality collagen powder. It’s packed with premium quality protein as well as 18 amino acids which are responsible to revitalize and rebuild your body inside out.
- This collagen protein contains so much glycine. Furthermore, it would be a good idea to use this supplement along with your regular protein powder or you can use this as a replacement for it too. This collagen powder is quickly absorbed by your body and this can give you complete fullness and energy within a day even if you don’t exercise.
- This particular collagen powder can quickly improve your skin and hair health.
- This collagen powder is completely gluten and dairy free. It is pure bovine collagen and has no grains either.
- Not clear what non-GMO in the label means in terms of whether it has no antibiotics or hormones.
Collagen is basically the key building block for healthy skin, hair, nails, bones, joints, digestive and immune system. As we get older our body will get weaker in producing collagen. That’s why including collagen supplement in your diet is a great and effective way to rejuvenate your body. Hopefully, this comprehensive list of best collagen supplements can help your task of choosing which collagen supplements to buy less overwhelming and exhausting.
See also: Best Keratin Shampoo