Finding the best face wash for oily skin is probably taking an extra effort, but it doesn’t mean that it is going to be an impossible task. Face wash isn’t only about splashing water to your face and then you claim that you have cleaned it. The right face wash ritual is about removing any dirt or impurities affecting your skin’s condition and health. If your face wash product can’t deliver the needed result, then it isn’t the best products, after all.
Washing the Face Rituals
As it was mentioned before, the facial cleanser should be able to remove dirt, oil, dead skin cells, makeup, or another buildup on the skin. Not only it should be able to clean the skin, it should be able to unclog pores and prevent skin problems.
Facial cleanser should be milder than soap and it shouldn’t disturb the skin’s natural moisture. Some cleansers are even packed with ingredients that will boost the hydration and moisturizer. Not only they are good to clean the skin, but they are also good to maintain its health.
Before choosing the best face wash for oily skin, you should know your skin type. You need a cleanser with water-based substance. Or choose the one with deep pore cleanser agents because they will reduce (and slow down) oil production. Oily skin is prone to acne because of the excessive oil production so you may also want to choose the product with anti-acne agents to help prevent the issue.
Best Face Wash for Oily Skin – Choosing the Right Cleanser
If picking the best face wash for oily skin seems to be a challenge, take things slowly and don’t rush it. So, how do you choose the right cleanser, anyway?
- Choose the one that suits your skin type. Oily skin should match with water-based or anti-acne cleanser. Sensitive skin should be fine with fragrance-free cleanser, and such alike things.
- Double Cleanse. It doesn’t mean that you should use the face wash twice. It means that you can clean your face twice with any possible means. Let’s say that you have a full-day activity. Clean your face first with micellar water or any no-rinsing method. And then you can continue with your face wash.
- Don’t overdo it. You may be tempted to wash your face several times a day, thinking that it would remove the oil away. But it’s actually not. You see, when you wash your face, you strip the skin from natural oil, so the body will think that it needs to produce more to cover the oil removed. The more you wash, the more the skin produces oil. Instead of battling off the oil, you only make the condition worse.
- Gentle treatment. Don’t pull the skin or scrub it. If you want to spread it, use circular and gentle motion. Massage your skin gently, and then leave it. After one minute, rinse the cleanser with clean water. Remember, don’t rub. It’s better to splash a lot of water and wipe it away gently. And then pat the skin with soft cloth or towel.
In case you need a list of best face wash for oily skin, here we’ve some recommended products that are worth considering to try.
#1. Christina Moss Naturals
Considered to be the best face wash for oily skin by many users, this product can tackle some of the issues without complicated procedures. The smell is nice, and it feels soft to the skin. Of course, this cleanser has some of the best natural traits, such as:
- Concentrated contents. The cleanser is able to provide a thorough cleaning without drying the skin off.
- Natural ingredients. The organic and natural ingredients will ensure safe usage without causing side effects.
- New design. The company has taken the design to a higher level where it is simple and yet very comfy to use.
- Simple use. You only need to use a little and you will enjoy the greater benefits.
- Most users who have complicated skin problems (acne, sensitive, dry, etc) claim that they experience an improvement – and they don’t need to work extra hard for it.
- You don’t have to use a lot of the cleanser because it lathers very well, with good coverage too.
- Some users complain about the reformulate of the products. They had been using it for years and it was great but since the new design was introduced and everything, they feel a difference.
- Some people with Rosacea experience a flare up instead of getting better.
#2. Era Organics
Although the focus of this review is for oily skin, this cleanser works just well for any skin types. Whether you have dry, sensitive, or oily skin, this cleanser can repair any skin problems and make your skin better (and also healthier). Many users consider this product as the best face wash for oily skin, thanks to its contents. The features to like about this product are:
- It is able to clean the skin effectively, creating a squeaky-clean surface. At the same time, it is also able to moisturize the skin and maintain its hydration. If your skin is problematic, it can soothe it to calm it down.
- It has a natural anti-aging agent that can help maintain the youthfulness of the skin while fighting off early aging signs simultaneously.
- The ingredients are completely safe and organic, without any chemical substances or artificial preservatives.
- The cleanser works just well on the skin – face or body. It feels light on the skin and yet able to deliver a thorough cleansing effect.
- The after effect is soft and fresh. You can feel your skin be squeaky clean without causing any dryness.
- It can’t be used to remove acne scars.
- Some users find the texture to be quite thick, but not to the point of being creamy. But once you get used to it, it works just well.
See also: Best Tingle Tanning Lotion
As the best face wash for oily skin, you don’t have to overuse this cleanser if you want to have a thorough cleansing. Simply have a little and it will lather your face just well. The coverage is nice, and it is simple in the usage. The benefits of using this product are:
- You can use it twice a day – in the morning and in the evening to deliver satisfying results.
- The gentle formula will balance your pH level while cleansing your skin at the same time.
- The ingredients are organic and natural, so they are safe for the skin and then they are able to deliver a great result.
- It is a product that is developed by the dermatologist, so you can be sure about the efficiency and the potent effect. Most dermatologists are very sure that this product isn’t only safe but also effective in tackling off some of the most common skin issues.
- It doesn’t contain alcohol that may affect the face and make it dry.
- It tackles the oil just well. It doesn’t dry the skin; in fact, it improves the softness and supple condition.
- It leaves a slippery feel on the skin.
- The price is quite expensive.
If you are looking for a cleanser that can cleanse off the skin effectively without drying off your skin, then you have come to the right product. When compared to other expensive brands, this one also shares the same efficiency and potency. The features to like about the product are:
- The cleanser is able to clean the skin as well as controlling the oil, so you won’t have to deal with overproduction of the sebum anymore.
- The cleanser is coming in the form of a foam that is pretty effective to provide a thorough coverage and then clean the skin.
- The product is made from organic substances that are safe for the skin. No need to worry about irritation or further skin problems.
- The cleanser is able to reduce oil production, so it will reduce the shine, and yet it won’t cause your skin to dry. No wonder if it is claimed as the best face wash for oily skin by its users.
- It has a nice and soothing smell.
- Your skin will feel nice and clean after you are done.
- Most users experience a change once they have regularly used this cleanser.
- The content inside the bottle is somewhat runny.
- Some users experience worsening oily condition with this product.
This is quite a potent cleanser because it contains charcoal, which is believed to cleanse any impurities as well as removing any dirt efficiently without drying off your skin. Other features to like about this product are:
- The scrubs for blackhead is able to remove any blackheads.
- The cleanser can reduce oil production without drying it off.
- The product is able to deliver matte finish because it will cleanse off the dirt and impurities.
- It can reduce pores. When it is used in tandem with the similar products from Garnier, you will enjoy the impressive result.
- Since it is a deep cleanse product, you may dry your skin if you overuse it.
So, which one do you prefer? Among the many products on the market, these are the candidates of the best ones. Once you are able to make a good decision about which product to choose, these best face washes for oily skin will help improve your appearance.
See also: Best Aloe Vera Gel