Best Microdermabrasion Machine Reviews – You have probably heard of the term ‘microdermabrasion’ in passing and don’t really know about it. If you are thinking about it as one of those cosmetic procedures, you are 100% correct. Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure in which tiny crystals are used to exfoliate and remove the superficial layer of dry and dead skin cells.
A licensed medical aesthetician, Maria Barry, states that microdermabrasion devices are capable to buff and polish your skin using a stream of a diamond tip or fine crystals. Some systems have suction to vacuum loose skin cells in your face. People who can benefit from microdermabrasion treatment are those who have uneven pigmentation, fine lines, and clogged pores.
Melasma patients or individuals who use retinoids like Retin-A can benefit from this too according to Heidi Waldorf who is a director of laser and cosmetic dermatology at The Mount Sinai Medical Hospital in New York City. While people used to have to go to a spa to get this kind of treatment, now you can simply get microdermabrasion kits and use them at the comfort of your own home.
You don’t have to get all dressed up and have someone else touch your face with this. More importantly, you can even save money in the long run. Bottom line, this is a very easy and effective way to improve your skin health. Read our best microdermabrasion machine recommendations below.
Women and men rely on this treatment for it can rejuvenate their skin without using harsh chemicals. This is a great alternative to makeup which can only mask your skin problems. This method is completely safe as it doesn’t use chemical scrubs but relatively safe aluminum oxide crystals instead.
Not only is microdermabrasion useful for removing dead skin cells but also stimulating the healthy cells so collagen will improve. As a result, you will achieve a fresh and youthful skin because the top layer of dead skin cells has been removed. A few positive changes will become noticeable when you use microdermabrasion on a regular basis, such as:
- Age spots and wrinkles will be gone.
- Sun-weathered skin will reduce.
- Enlarged pores will shrink.
- Remove acne scars.
- Makeup will glide on easily and look better.
Regardless if you get this treatment at a spa or by using the best microdermabrasion machine available, this process should take just under an hour which is about 20 to 30 minutes, tops. This treatment is painless. Some people may experience small skin irritation for several days after the treatment but this is nothing to worry about and will eventually go away.
Best Microdermabrasion Machine – Top 6 Picks
Well, in case you need some best microdermabrasion machine recommendations, here we have a list of good products that are worth getting your attention.
#1. Microderm GLO Diamond by Nuvéderm
The first microdermabrasion kit we would like to recommend is manufactured by Nuvéderm. It has a one-of-a-kind ergonomic design so consumers will have a pleasant experience using this. Moreover, what makes this one of the best microdermabrasion machine products is that it has patented Safe3D technology combined with a diamond tip and is recommended by dermatologists.
The Microderm Glo will gently remove the outer layer of facial skin by using alight abrasion process and promote skin growth. The sucking and massaging actions of this device provide a double action mechanism as well where it’ll improve blood flow so collagen and elastin will rebuild. Overall, this device is easy to use with powerful suction and the battery lasts long too.
- It has an on-screen guide where it displays settings you can program for your treatment. Just an FYI, when you set it at Auto Mode, the timer will automatically set at 4 minutes which means your weekly microdermabrasion treatment will only take 4 minutes. A beep will alert you to move to other areas like cheeks, jaw, nasal side, neck, forehead, and around the eyes. There is no timer countdown in Manual Mode.
- It has three suction levels. The highest setting power is at 22 in/hg.
- It’s portable and comes with a rechargeable battery pack as well as charging station.
- This device has two tips. One is a medical-grade diamond tip useful for non-invasive and physical microderm treatment. The other is a massage tip beneficial for skin stimulation with massaging action.
- This device has proven results to get rid of scars such as red scabs with continued use. This also includes recurring pimples.
- This device can help to get rid of other skin imperfections as well such as under eye bags, mouth lines crow’s feet as well as large pores. This product is guaranteed to show you noticeable results.
- The nozzle quite lacks flexibility so it might be a little bit difficult to reach the nose area. It’s also a little fat so it might be not that easy to hold for some people.
#2. Trophy Skin MicrodermMD
Another microdermabrasion kit recommended by dermatologists to have at home is The MicrodermMD by Trophy Skin. This device has been proven clinically to get rid of visible signs of age spots. Obviously, this too can polish away dead cells and promote the growth of new ones.
You will be able to get results comparable to those seen from professional microdermabrasion treatments and with a much cheaper cost no less. You’ll have an even skin texture and fine lines and age spots will reduce. This is not water resistant so it’s best if you use it on dry skin. Use this once or twice a week for 10 minutes. however, this machine is made of hard, white plastic so it’s guaranteed to be sturdy and won’t warp and bend.
- This device has a patented diamond-tip wand and various suction intensities. This is the gold standard of microdermabrasion devices. It’s combined with the 8 level vacuum as well which can draw impurities and dead skin away to reveal healthier skin underneath.
- It is designed with a built-in mirror that’s magnified 5 times which gives you a really clear view.
- It’s mains powered which provides you with a consistent result and you don’t need to wait for it to charge up to use it.
- There is an LED display to guide you and you can set it for various zones of your face and neck. There’s an auto and manual mode as well.
- This device is pretty simple and has intuitive design combined with the professional-quality exfoliation as well as suction. It comes with 100 filters too which makes the machine to be really effective for catching the dead skin cells that have been sucked into the machine so you don’t have bacteria and clogging.
- This machine is really effective to remove acne scars, promote collagen product and plump up facial skin. As a result, you will look much better and natural.
- It has a neat packaging and is well-put together so it’s great for travelling too. The fact that it’s just 4 inches tall when it’s closed makes it great to be put in a suitcase and carry around.
- Since it is not battery powered, you need a power source to use it. If you think a non-portable device is not convenient, this one is not for you.
#3. Kendall Professional Diamond HB-SF02
This is another microdermabrasion kit that uses diamond tip rather than microcrystals. This particular device is the closest to a real professional machine and the fact that some spa salons use this easily makes this one of the best microdermabrasion machine products worth mentioning in this post.
The design is very solid and well-built with its metal structure, although it makes it slightly heavier than the aforementioned products. Notice that you need to remove and change used filters after 2 or 3 uses otherwise there’ll be a suction decrease and clog your machine.
- The suction power of this machine can go up to 28in/Hg which easily makes this the most powerful machine for at home microdermabrasion treatment. Other machines only have around 16in/hg power.
- There is a handy dial plate that indicates real time pressure.
- There are a total of 360 filters (120 large and 240 small). Others have only about 100 filters.
- This machine has 2-cylinder oil filters which are a rarity in some microdermabrasion devices. It can be used along with the cotton filters included in the package and is a nice addition to protect against clogs. Using them both simultaneously will protect give better protection for the device.
- It’s really convenient because you only need to attach the hose to the wand and to the unit, then place the filters in the wand and the vacuum output and you’re ready to go. Add to that you can easily replace any piece if needed starting with the tip and the hose.
- A noticeable result will show up even after only the first treatment. Your skin will be silky smooth and many dark spots will be gone.
- This machine lacks instructions. There have one or two reports where consumers hurt themselves because of applying wrong suction level. All you need to do is to start very low and just build from there.
See also: Best Indoor Tanning Lotion
#4. Kendal Professional 3 in 1
Another product by Kendal because they just prove to be effective in getting rid of dead skin cells and other skin problems as well as maintaining healthier, natural and youthful look. This is the HB-SF01 version and is lighter than the aforementioned Kendal product because it has a hard plastic outfit.
In short, this is a much portable unit. This device has suction power of 30 in/hg and the result is immediately noticeable after the first use. This machine is compatible to be used with other products. Your fine lines will fade by exfoliating the skin around the wrinkles and make them appear to be lighter.
And even though you can purchase the additional machine but this device comes with a large enough supply for long-term use.
- There is a vacuum option which functions to extracts whiteheads and blackheads. This feature makes this machine to be powerful and is basically designed to replace the professional salon treatment.
- Like its counterpart, this too has two dermabrasion stainless steel handles along with 9 diamond tips in different sizes. They don’t need to ever be replaced because the tips are diamond.
- There’s 2 oil filter too and 360 cotton filters as well as air hose.
- Not only is this recommended by dermatologists but also aestheticians as well and you can find this machine in lots of beauty salons.
- This machine is not only suitable for your face and neck but also your legs, arms, back and shoulders. Moreover, areas closer to your eyes and mouth can be treated accurately and safely.
- Cleaning this machine is a breeze because you only need a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol.
- This feature is hardly portable with its dimensions of L16.9xW12.2xH16.3 in and weighs about 8 pounds. However, it’s still easy to carry this rather than the HB-SF02.
This is one hydrotherapy facial machine you shouldn’t miss in which it doesn’t use diamond tips like the previous products. While some machines may cause minor irritations, this microdermabrasion device by Vensaile is guaranteed to cause no discomfort or irritation whatsoever. It’s a painless exfoliator and just like the other products in this list, you can expect immediate radiant result even after the first treatment.
You will be able to resurface the skin beneath while simultaneously introducing topically applied skin-specific serums. In all honesty, hydro microdermabrasion works better in cleaning comedo, pores as well as blackheads because the peel wand can be operated several times on the T-zone area which is very helpful to extract blackheads up from the pores without risking over peeling your skin.
- Since this is a hydro microdermabrasion machine, it includes essence (water) care container along with exfoliated container. There is crystal diamond and water dermabrasion as well.
- It has a cosmetic mirror so you can see what you are doing. Moreover, it has two functions which are washing and rejuvenation scrubs.
- The crystal diamond handle has 6 heads and is beneficial for skin rejuvenation. The water handle, on the other hand, has 12 heads and is beneficial for skin health and skin care.
- It’s extremely easy to use and practically convenient. It has long application life and delivers stable performance with long continuous working time.
- As this microdermabrasion treatment uses serum and normal saline as the medium, it peels more gently so it’s really suitable for sensitive skin. Your skin will be peeled with serum which can double as nutrient and moisture supplier decrease the scrubbing irritation to the skin as well.
- If you have heavy dead skin, rough pores, and severe pigmentation, it might take many session to achieve satisfying results but it’s totally worth it.
The last on our list is KRASR. This product is perfect for anyone with rough skin, large pores, blackheads, mild acne, and mild pigmentation issues. Your face and neck will tighten and the build of grease on your skin will reduce significantly as it deeply cleanses the cells. It’s battery powered so if you are a fan of portable devices this is ideal for you.
The design is compact and extremely light so it’s great for traveling as well. You can have at least 6 full exfoliation before you need to recharge it. Aside from the fact that this device exfoliates skin, it can remove impurities like blackheads as well and fine lines will be reduced significantly. Your skin elasticity can improve and gives it a healthy glow.
- It comes with 4 different probes (one diamond head and 3 suction in different sizes) so you get maximum exfoliation. Furthermore, it’s designed as water resistant so you can use even when the skin is not dry.
- It has multi-function and professional blackhead remover features. The final dual is beneficial for those with serious blackheads and other blemishes.
- Of course, this too has an LED light which works to indicate the power.
- The three suction strengths are easily adjustable. This proves to be really effective for sucking out acne and blackheads while simultaneously preventing any possible suction damage to your skin. The skin will receive nutrients, vitamins as well as proteins instead.
- This is a cordless machine and it can work for a full 2 hours so you can use it several times before recharging it.
- This machine works great to clean all problems associated with oily skin as well, as a result you can expect softer as well as healthier skin even from the first use.
- It has a very poor instructions/manual so it might take a while to get the hang of it, but you can simply Google it to find out. Moreover, you cannot buy replacement filters and diamond heads for this.
Finding the best microdermabrasion machine is a challenging task. But you don’t need to worry as we have already provided a list of some good products that are worth considering to buy. Simply just pick one that fits your needs.
See also: Best Cellulite Massager