You now may be struggling to find the best tea tree oil shampoo that can help you battle off hair issues and scalp problems. There are tons of such products on the market, but not all of these products have the same quality.
It is a good thing that there are some products that are considered premium in quality as well as promoting safety and also side effects free. After all, the shampoo contains only the safe contents and natural ingredients, so there are tons of benefits to expect.
Good Things about the Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has been used for decades, even for centuries, as part of herbal and natural remedies. There are tons of health and beauty problems that can be addressed by the application of the tea tree oil regularly. Viral or bacterial infections, sinusitis, acne, and athlete’s foot can be treated and cured with this oil.
Also known as the melaleuca oil, this oil is extracted from tea tree leaves. The plant is native to Australia and the Aborigines have been using the oil as antiseptic to treat infections, cuts, and burns. Since the 1920s, the application was widespread outside of Australia. Thanks to the natural antimicrobial traits, the oil is often included in many health and beauty products, including shampoo and skin lotion.
The General Benefits
So, what are the benefits of using these tea tree oil shampoo? First of all, the oil can support thicker and longer hair. The oil will encourage healthier and better growth by providing enough nourishment on the roots. At the same time, it can unclog the hair follicles so they will receive more vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Second, the tea tree oil is great to battle off hair loss and dandruff. Dandruff tends to clog pores, creating inflammation and itchiness. If the condition gets worse, it will lead to hair damage and hair fall. According to many studies and research, participants who were given the tea tree oil treatment experienced improvement in the hair growth – where their condition got better after several weeks of treatment.
The third benefit is that the oil can help to treat itchiness on the scalp. If you suffer from dandruff and also itchy scalp, use the shampoo so you can expect a greater improvement. After all, the shampoo with tea tree oil contains antifungal and antibacterial agents. And dandruff is generally caused by the bacteria and the fungus. So, when you use the shampoo, you can fight off those issues efficiently.
Caution in Usages
However, people who are sensitive to the oil are advised to stay away from the oil. Be careful when you experience rash or skin spotting or blisters because you may be allergic to the shampoo. Be aware if you have eczema too because it will make the problem gets worse. Be aware of possible side effects, such as nausea, drowsiness, diarrhea, vomiting, and stomach ache.
Although the oil is safe for topical application, don’t forget to dilute it first. Or, if you use the shampoo, make sure to really use it as instructed. Read the directions first before using it, even if it is considered the best tea tree oil shampoo.
Best Tea Tree Oil Shampoo – Our Top Picks
There are plenty good products on the market that you can consider. But, if you need some recommendations, the following are our top picks. Let’s check them out.
#1. Maple Holistics
Do you want a shampoo that can battle most of the hair problem without fuss? Do you want a shampoo that is perfect for all kinds of hair types? As one of the best tea tree oil shampoo products ever produced, this one will satisfy your needs. Some of the greatest features are:
- It can be used for all kinds of hair types and conditions, including oily scalp or dry hair.
- The ingredients are all natural and pure. That’s why they can combat hair problems like dandruff, itchiness, and hair loss.
- The shampoos can also be used to prevent lice infestation. If you use this shampoo regularly, you can be free from lice attack.
- The shampoo really works like magic. Some users have tested it – they didn’t wash the hair for 3 days and yet the dandruff wasn’t back and the hair remains healthy (not to mention also shiny).
- They experience a huge difference in within several applications.
- The smell may seem annoying for some people, but it isn’t so much. It is not offensive, though.
- The old product seemed to work better than the current one.
- Some people experience dryness but when combined with the conditioner, their condition gets better – even improve.
#2. Paul Mitchell
This product is quite popular. If you check around, most people will refer this product to the efficiency. This shampoo will deliver satisfying result with improved hair health and condition. The best features of the product are:
- It comes with premium ingredients and materials. The reason why the shampoo is working so well is due to the high quality of the ingredients.
- The smell is nice and invigorating, perfect to start your day.
- The shampoo is also perfect for colored hair and any hair types.
- The shampoo helps to remove impurities and product buildup, so your hair should be clean, fresh, and healthy.
- If you buy original products, the result will be fast and also effective. Within several applications, you can expect improvements. You should be able to see the differences.
- The shampoo has a subtle smell – not offensive but not refreshing either. It is tolerable.
- Be aware of counterfeit products. If it is possible, buy from the legit and official distributors. Many users who have bought the original products claim that the shampoo works super well. But unfortunately, they also bought the counterfeit products which didn’t look the same or deliver the same result.
See also: Best DHT Blocker Shampoo
#3. Avalon Organics
If you are looking for the best tea tree oil shampoo, this one won’t disappoint you. The shampoo is soft, nice, and subtle. It cleans out the hair nicely and it also provides the nutrients to the hair, creating a more volumized and refreshing effect. The features to enjoy this shampoo are:
- The combination of essential oils and organic ingredients makes this shampoo super balanced and healthy.
- The ingredients are completely pure and organic. You won’t find any artificial coloring, paraben, or other chemical substances that will damage your hair.
- While the shampoo efficiently combats dandruff and hair loss, it will also moisturize the hair and make it shiny at the same time.
- The hair will be super clean and fresh.
- While cleaning the hair, the shampoo also moisturizes and hydrates the hair – making it soft and has more volume.
- The smell is nice and the lather is super impressive – and even so, you can expect even coverage on the scalp.
- Some users don’t really like the overpowering and strong rosemary smell.
- Some users experience their hair becomes dry.
- Beware of counterfeit product. The original one is thicker while the fake one is thinner – you can see that it has more dilution.
#4. Calily Life
If you are looking for a product that can combine natural ingredients as well as organic minerals, the outcome will be like this shampoo. It is able to deliver effective result and yet it is pretty safe for your hair and it won’t cause side effects. There are many benefits to enjoy this shampoo:
- It is able to repair damaged hair as well as refresh it at the same time. Thanks to the minerals from the Dead Sea, you won’t have to worry about your damaged hair.
- The ingredients are the combinations of oils, hydrating minerals, and other ingredients that will make the hair healthier. At the same time, it also hydrates and moisturizes the hair, creating silky, smooth, and soft hair.
- The hair will grow healthier once the impurities are removed, including dandruff or flaky scalp.
- The shampoo is able to fight off dandruff efficiently.
- You should be able to see the results in a short time, only after several applications.
- The shampoo is quite big.
- The shampoo feels too thin and liquid, so users tend to use it more than they intend.
- The pump only releases a small amount of liquid, which can be a problem for those with long and thick hair.
#5. CHI Tea
Most shampoos that fight off dandruff is able to get rid of the issue but they make the hair dry – although not to the point of being brittle and damaged. Well, this best tea tree oil shampoo won’t do it to your hair. In fact, you can expect the shampoo to make your hair stay soft and moisturized while fighting off dandruff. The greatest features of this shampoo are:
- The combination of natural ingredients like tea tree oil, chamomile, and peppermint oil will be able to cleanse the hair while dealing with hair problems.
- The organic ingredients will strengthen the hair from within while adding shine and moisture.
- The shampoo is able to penetrate into the hair follicles to boost better growth.
- It comes in a spray form so it is quite unique and somewhat efficient. You only need to spray it and you are good to go.
- The sensation of the scalp is nice – not causing irritation or itchiness.
- It has a nice tingling feeling that somehow tells you that the shampoo works.
- It is too expensive when compared to the amount that you get.
- Some users don’t experience the promised cooling effect.
- The smell is quite strong although not offensive, it can be annoying for some people.
See also:Best Hypo-Allergenic Shampoos
Are you looking for a set of hair products in the form of a shampoo and also a conditioner? As one of the best tea tree oil shampoo products, Planative won’t disappoint you. The winning elements of the two items will work together to deliver an effective result. The benefits of using this product are:
- The promising ingredients will work together to deliver nice effect in the end. Ingredients like jojoba oil, argan oil, keratin, and Shea butter will definitely make your hair not only healthy but also beautiful.
- The product is packed with antioxidants which will get rid of the free radicals and improve the look of your hair.
- Thanks to the ingredients, you should be able to maintain silky, smooth, soft, and lustrous hair without having to worry about any hair issues.
- The shampoo delivers a real result, able to fight off the problems while keeping the hair moisturized, healthy, and shiny at the same time.
- The bottle is quite small. It would be better if it comes with a pump too.
- The smell can be annoying but it will wear off once the hair dries.
#7. Giovanni Invigorating
If you are looking for one of the best tea tree oil shampoo, this product is worth your consideration. This is an effective product to treat dandruff as well as cleaning off the buildup, excess oil, and other impurities. The benefits of using this product are:
- The ingredients are organic and pure, without any addition of chemical substances
- The smell is invigorating..
- It is able to get rid of dandruff just efficiently.
- It solves hair problem while maintaining the shine at the same time.
- It does clean the hair and create a refreshing effect on several applications only.
- The price is quite high.
- Some users experience dryness on their scalp.
#8. Honeydew Tea Tree Peppermint
As one of the best tea tree oil shampoo products, you can enjoy a lot of benefits from this shampoo. Not only it cleanses the hair, it is also good to promote silkier and healthier hair. It’s not like other products that may cause dryness. The features to like about the shampoo are:
- It is able to moisturize the hair as well as fighting off hair problems
- It comes with cooling and refreshing sensation that will create a soothing effect
- The ingredients are premium in quality, so you can expect only the best result
- The shampoo seems to have a nice balance with the ingredients so it delivers a satisfying result
- It is effective for some hair problems, including hair loss and dandruff
- The bottle is hard so it is difficult to squeeze
- The bottle is pretty small
In the end, the decision to choose the right shampoo depends on you. These are some of the candidates of the best products available for purchase. If you are looking for the best tea tree oil shampoo, do your research extensively.
See also: Best Castor Oil for Hair Growth